Spotlight Series: Graeme Webster

Name? Graeme Webster owner and creator of G-Mat Custom Surfmats
 
 
Where are you from? I’m an Ex-Pat Cornishman employed behind enemy lines in Devon, UK.




What got you in to the sport? I was a kneelo and always kept a prone craft in my van. Downsizing to a car I thought "Surfmat...  Inflatable Bodyboard so easy to pack." I was half right. I quickly found that mats are more like hovercraft, are super hard to ride and incredibly addictive.




How long you've been wave riding? About 30 years.


 
 
Amateur or Professional (Prone/Dropknee, Surf, Surfmat, Bodysurf, Shaper, etc.) I just go surfing, but I’m Professional Surfmat builder though.


Favorite breaks (can choose not to disclose)? I love an assortment of reefs, beaches and points, as long as it's clean and empty.


Shout outs? All my love to my mat building Sensei,  Dale Solomonson. Visit www.customsurfmats.com for more info on my Surfmats!