Spotlight Series: Dane Gella



Name: Aloha everyone! My name is Dane Gella aka Danejah


Where are you from? I was raised up in Waipio Gentry.


How long you've been wave riding? A long time.


Amateur or Professional (Prone, Dropknee, Surf, Surfmat, Bodysurf, etc.)? I’m a well-rounded underground wave rider. I love Bodyboard and Surf. I prefer Dropknee to Prone, but love to do it all.
 

What got you in to the sport? I got inspired by my dad Duncan Gella, who is an amazing surfer. He used to take my brother and me to Waikiki Walls every weekend. Then I met my brothers and the rest of the crew at Kanoelani Elementary school. There after my friend Kaleo’s Dad started to take us to “Tracks” in Nanakuli every weekend and it pretty much kept me loving the sport ever since.
 

Favorite breaks (can choose not to disclose)? My favorite home breaks are “I don’t knows” on the West side (locals only) and V land on the North Shore.
 

Shout outs? Shout out to the Sponge Dis Crew; Kaleo, Donovan, Hector, Delio, Joseph, Shaun, and Steven V straight out of Waipio that has been together ever since we were small kids. Till this day we still charging! #Sped4Lyfe