Spotlight Series: Stephen Minor

Name? Stephen Minor @minorprojects

Where are you from? Oceanside, CA






What got you in to the sport? My neighbor and his Pops had some nice boards would always go paddle out at the beach and they would take me with them since I was around 10 years old. They taught me how to Surf, Sponge, and just appreciate the Ocean in general.


How long you've been wave riding? 12 years now since I'm 22, haha.







Amateur/Underground or Professional (Prone, Dropknee, Surf, Surfmat, Bodysurf, etc.)? Underground so far... DK/70 Prone/30 when the waves are good. Anything below 3-4 I'll grab a soft top Wavestorm or something like that.


Favorite breaks? (Can choose not to disclose) Lowers and the Wedge. Lowers is probably my all-time favorite wave on Dropknee, you can get more turns in one wave there than anywhere else I've seen. The Wedge is my favorite prone wave, there’s so much power it never ceases to scare me haha. 




Shout outs? My boy Kailoa Powers who has been my biggest Dropknee influence since day one. Wally Sani who throws the most insane hacks I've seen with my own eyes. Michael Meza who shares the Spongedaily ocean love and is always down to paddle out.