Spotlight Series: Kevin Ferris

How's it everyone! Welcome to this week's Spotlight Series feature on wave rider and all around good guy Kevin Ferris. If you're ever in San Diego he is definitely one of the guys to seek out and go wave riding with, whether its on a surfboard, surfmat, or even bodysurfing you will probably find this guy somewhere around the water. Thanks Kevin and enjoy the Spotlight Series Q and A!




Name: Kevin Ferris


Where are you from? Imperial Beach, CA


What got you in to the sport? My Pops and older brothers.






How long you've been wave riding? 25 years


Amateur, Professional or Underground (Prone, DK, Surfing, Surfmat, Bodysurf, Skimboard)? Once a professional shortboarder, now keeping it underground. I have translated to other shapes such as fishes and going finless. I have also busted out the swimfins for body surfing. Another thing I have taken up is the longboarding, to keep me challenged and motivated. I pretty much have taken up whatever makes me feel closer to the ocean and stokes me out.








Favorite breaks: Mexico, PB Point, Imperial Beach, and Cardiff


Shout outs (Sponsors)? Thanks to Brixton, Stance Socks, Old Harbor Surfboards, Good Times Barbershop, and Xcel Wetsuits for keeping me dialed!