Spotlight Series: Chris Monroe

Hey guys, this week's Spotlight Series Feature is wave rider Chris Monroe. We have been a fan of his since the old Crysis Bodyboarder Magazines, he was one of those guys that would charge big, but with style. We wanted to spotlight him because of how much fun he has in the water. If you're looking to see how much fun, just check out his Instagram. He rides everything. Here it is our Spotlight Series feature with Chris Monroe.
 

 
Name? Chris Monroe @beefsofficial


Where are you from? San Clemente, CA



What got you into the sport? My dad, he surfed and got me a Mach 7 in Hawaii when I was like 5.


How long have you been wave riding? Since I was 5


Amateur or Professional (Prone, Dropknee, Surfing, Surfmat, Bodysurf, etc.)? I'm a professional amateur.




What's your go-to board size and shape in any condition? I like to have fun on all boards. Handplanes, McDonalds Tray, bodyboard, Beaterboard and any Odysea Surfboard.


Favorite Breaks (Can choose not to disclose or not reveal locations)? I have too many. Any words of advice for up and coming wave riders? Do it cause it's fun. Respect your elders.





Shout outs/Sponsors? Catch Surf @catchsurf, Let's Party Traction @letspartytraction, Happy Hour Sunglasses @happyhourshades, Party Missile Handplanes @party_missile_handplanes