Spotlight Series: Chris Kincade

For this week's Spotlight Series we are featuring photographer, Chris Kincade. One of the many things we enjoy about the Spotlight Series is that we get to go a little behind the scenes of what a Photographer is thinking when taking a photo or what a wave rider may have in mind when selecting boards. Please enjoy the feature on photographer Chris Kincade and for more on Chris and his photography add him on Instagram: @chris.kincade
 

Name? Chris Kincade




Where are you from? From Sacramento, California. Living in Honolulu, Hawaii

What got you into becoming a photographer? I started in High School just as an electoral class and ended up liking it. It was always a hobby up until a few years ago. Now I shoot as much as possible. The photography community and the people I work with are some of the most well rounded and friendly people I've ever known. Every day is something new.

What is your ideal set up for shooting? I like to use the Canon 7d for shooting land, and the GoPro Hero 4 Black for shooting water. My go to lens is the Canon 300mm f4.

What cameras are at your disposal? Canon 7d, and GoPro

Favorite Breaks to shoots? Pipeline

Any Shoutouts? Shoutout to the people that help me to do what I love doing. Bardia Rahim from True Honor, Matt Castiglione from 662 Ride Shop Hawaii, Eric Manongdo my partner at BBR Magazine, Ikaika Poki for being a good friend and always shooting the most unique stuff, OKSHOOTS for supporting me and putting me in the Spotlight!

Any words of advice when getting into wave/wave riding photography? Some advice I would give the upcoming generation of photographers, is to never stop progressing. Whether it be upgrading your gear, to trying new angles and lighting. Never get comfortable. Keep pushing and moving forward. You won’t ever get bored I promise.