Spotlight Series: Kellen Yamasaki

How's it going everyone, sorry for the lack of updates on the blog we will be trying to get more updates on here so bear with us. Well once again its that time of the week again for this week's Spotlight Series and for this week we are spotlighting wave rider and OkShoots Ohana, Kellen Yamasaki. Enjoy this Q&A with this young up and coming rider. Chee!!!





Name? Kellen Yamasaki

Where are you from? Honolulu, HI

What got you into the sport? My friends inspired me to see the fun in riding waves on the boogie, whether it was learning my drag hand 360 or learning to go straight without pearling, I was always about having fun.

How long have you been wave riding? About 4 years.

Amateur or Professional (Prone, Dropknee, Surfing, Surfmat, Bodysurf, etc.)? Amateur all around bodyboarder just working my way up :-)

What's your go-to board size and shape in any condition? Size 40' w/ double stringer crescent tail always slays
Favorite Breaks (Can choose not to disclose or not reveal locations)? V-land, Sandys, Walls

Any words of advice for up and coming wave riders? Always look at the positive side to bad things that comes your way because wave riding is just a constant learning game, so take notes...unless you are Mike Stewart.

Shout outs/Sponsors? Chyeeaaa shoutouts to OkShoots and Triad Movement @triadmovement for supporting me throughout my boogie adventures!! To all my friends for pushing me to be where I am today and especially the legend himself AFRO SAMURAI DJ-X for them inspiring hot beats. Aloha!